is it not december yet? i feel so surprised by that. here i am all “taking in slow transitioning from thanksgiving to advent” and yet i was certain it was december on monday.
well it is december eve. and in honor of that holiday feeling news we did some baking today. these muffins were slated to be on the thanksgiving menu but they got scratched when i ran out of oven time/space. all the ingredients have been sitting in the fridge begging to be married together for a quick treat.
i have been waiting though for a moment when i might have people to share with – beyond just me, flash, and our holiday induced bulging belly’s.
well tonight i am hosting a knit & sip.
and we had no plans this morning until story time at the library at 11:30.
so we baked cheddar leek muffins.
they were relatively easy to make with several steps that the kids enjoyed participating in:
– i let pea cut up the butter
– they each got to measure and pour dry ingredients
– they each got to help crack one egg
– they sprinkled the muffins with the extra leeks
i made these minor changes to the recipe based on what we had on hand:
– switched out the all purpose flour for white whole wheat
– used agave in place of honey
– couldn’t stop myself from adding a bit of fresh ground black pepper
go forth and bake.
share with friends.
happy december eve.
ok, i might have sample just one when we got home from story time so i could be certain they were okay before serving them to guests. if i did then i could share with you that it was tasty and paired nicely with my feta cheese and olives for lunch…