potato salad that stood in at my little picnic with the kids as a meal:
i am not putting exact quantities because i didn’t measure and because i don’t think you can go too far wrong.
- first wash, cut up and boil in salted water your potatoes. i had enough to fill my 3.5 quart pot about halfwayish.
- while potatoes cook brown some sausage. i used breakfast sausage from the farm that i crumbled. once browned set it aside to cool.
- once the potatoes are cooked soft (but not falling apart) drain them and sprinkle with vinegar (i used a little white and some red wine).
- set potatoes aside to cool.
- while cooling dice up on onion and a few small summer squash. set them in a low bowl and squeeze lemon juice over them.
- chop up some fresh herbs (basil, parsley, dill would all work. i used sage and tarragon.)
- now combine everything in a bowl. add a large scoop or mayonaise (i love lemonaise) and an equal portion of sour cream.
- salt and pepper to taste.